May 28, 2016 Full-Stack Engineer
As a full-stack engineer, you will build a product which helps bring our core technology into the world. You’ll be coding in the front end (React, Redux, Sass) and the back end (Express, Mongo).
You’ll be part of a squad that works on a business-to-business or business-to-business-to-consumer product, while interacting and coding in a way that is generously connected to the entire engineering team. You’ll collaborate with a product lead and design team. (Our squad structure was heavily inspired by Spotify.)
If you’re excited about getting powerful technology into customers’ hands, and impacting new products from the ground up, let’s talk!
- Work with a product lead and design team to implement a web application
- Debug and optimize existing and new code
- Work independently and as a team, participating in code reviews
- Pick up new technologies and learn on the go
- Write awesome code that you can be proud of!
Two years of professional full-stack development, including experience with:
- Front-end frameworks (React, Redux, Bourbon)
- Experience with single-page apps and REST APIs
- Familiarity with modern front-end tooling (Webpack, Babel, Sass, Gulp)
- Ability to identify and fix bottlenecks and bugs
- Comfortable at the interface between the physical and virtual worlds (the metric system, high-school geometry, algebra, thinking in 3D)
- Basic understanding of statistics (mean, median, standard deviation, outliers)
- Curiosity, a collaborative spirit, and an appetite for adventure
- Current authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Familiarity with ES6
- Experience with 3D graphics (Three.js)
- Exposure to linear algebra
- Functional programming experience (Scala.js)
- Good sense of UI/UX, interaction design, visual design, or information design
- Easily accessible office in Union Square, NYC
- Flexible vacation and work-from-home policies
- Fantastically smart, energetic, and fun team
- In-office 3D scanners and 3D printers, for all your 3D scanning and printing needs!
More than anything, we are looking for someone who will be passionate about what we are doing, and who is genuinely excited to come into the office and works hard to tackle tough problems.
Working at Body Labs is fast-paced, fun, and supportive. We love the adventure of innovation. Come join our team and help shape the future of body-centric design and applications.
We welcome people of any gender identity or expression, race, skin color, ethnicity, age, size, nationality, sexual orientation, ability level, neurotype, religion, elder status, family structure, culture, subculture, political opinion, education level, identity, and self-identification. We welcome activists, artists, bloggers, crafters, coders, wannabe-coders, designers, entrepreneurs, documentation writers, journalists, sysadmins, teachers, ordinary people, extraordinary people, and everyone in between.
If you’re excited about our mission, our technology, please get in touch at JOBS@BODYLABS.COM!