August 8, 2016 Scanning Projects Assistant
We are looking for a Scanning Projects Assistant to join our team part-time. This person loves interacting with people, is excited about collecting data related to human body shape, believes in promoting body positivity, and is detail-oriented. This person will be involved in all aspects of our various research projects, which include clothing sizing studies and fitness-related shape tracking, and can commit to a schedule of 8-15 hours per week.
Body Labs is the foremost expert in 3D body modeling solutions for the body, from head to toe. We convert measurements or 3D scans into realistic digital body models that can be used in all sorts of awesome ways.
Our vision is that soon people will shop and choose their fitness routine based on their body shape. Imagine walking into a store and finding shoes that fit based on the 3D shape of your feet, not just a length measurement. Or, imagine going to the gym and instead of seeing that your weight has changed, you can visualize how your body shape has altered over time. For example, maybe you didn’t lose weight, but your biceps have grown. This vision won’t be realized overnight, but we have a jumpstart on the competition — our technology has been in development for over 10 years, first at Brown University and now at the Max Planck Institute.
We are three-year-old venture backed company. We’ve raised $12M from amazing investors like FirstMark and Intel Capital. Our team is made up of about 35 people, mostly located at our NYC HQ one block north of Union Square.
- Recruit people to participate in our research studies on human body shape.
- Collect survey, measurement, and 3D scan data relating to human body shape. This will involve working with subjects who are sometimes wearing only athletic clothing (e.g., sports bra and bike shorts).
- Greet participants and help them feel comfortable with the study protocol.
- Maintain scan and survey data collection equipment.
- Organize and file data collected during work with participants.
DESIRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- A college degree or enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate college degree program in a relevant area of study like exercise science or physiology.
- Human study experience is a big plus.
- An excellent communicator. You need to be able to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Tech literate. Familiarity with (or willingness to learn to use) iPad/other tablet devices, Google spreadsheets/Excel, and Apple and Microsoft operating systems.
Union Square, New York City
$15-20/hour depending on experience.
If you’re excited about this position, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.