May 24, 2016 Software Development Engineer in Test
At Body Labs, we are building a software platform that can understand bodies, how they move, and how people’s body shape vary across the population, and across their life.
Up until now, understanding of body shapes has been done in an ad-hoc manner, such as that of a tailor who understands how to measure so that the clothes will fit. With the arrival of widely available 3d cameras and depth sensors, that understanding can become quantitative, statistical, and automated.
To this end, Body Labs has constructed the world’s most sophisticated, data-driven, digital model of human shape and pose. Our algorithms are the result of 8 years of scientific research drawing from the fields of computer vision, machine learning and robotics. We can model accurately how individuals fit within particular sub-populations, including those poorly served by existing methods, such as plus-sized, petites, uncommon foot shapes, etc.
We work closely with apparel and equipment companies to help them better understand and visualize their target consumers’ body shapes and motions, and improve their design-to-manufacturing workflows.
We are looking for Software Engineer in Test with a startup style. Someone who moves fast, has a keen sense of collaboration and an intuition for what is most important now.
Once at Body Labs, you will work together with the entire software development team, honing in on the sections of the code with the most pressing testing needs. You will be a key advocate for architectures and designs that support long-term testability. You will participate in improving our existing testing culture by demonstrating the value of good testing in your own work, by mentoring, and by creatively automating as many testing tasks as possible until the friction of testing disappears.
- Mapping problems and identifying root causes.
- Testing our technology before it faces customers.
- Debugging anything that runs! If we can build it, you can break it… and then make it more elegant than it was when you got here.
- Write a lot of code to build test tools and test automation as well as help with product development.
- Work with SDEs — your code will have a vital and measurable impact on existing programs and the development of new features, apps, platforms, and content.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- Ability to write production quality code in at least one high level language like Java, C, C# etc.
- Excellent Python programming skills.
- Creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness for the entire team.
- Experience with Cloud services (Amazon EC2, S3, Heroku).
- Exposure Agile or Scrum software development methodologies.
- Easily accessible office in Union Square, NYC
- Flexible vacation and work-from-home policies
- Fantastically smart, energetic, and fun team
- In-office 3D scanners, for all your 3D scanning needs!
- Fully stocked kitchen
We use math to cross the interface between the physical and virtual worlds. You should be comfortable with things like the metric system, high school geometry, algebra and thinking in 3D. You should know the difference between a mean and a median, and understand outliers and standard deviation. Exposure to linear algebra could come in handy.
More than anything, we are looking for someone who will be passionate about what we are doing, and who is genuinely excited to come into the office and works hard to tackle tough problems.
Working at Body Labs is fast-paced, fun, and supportive. We love the adventure of innovation. Come join our team and help shape the future of body-centric design and applications.
We welcome people of any gender identity or expression, race, skin color, ethnicity, age, size, nationality, sexual orientation, ability level, neurotype, religion, elder status, family structure, culture, subculture, political opinion, education level, identity, and self-identification. We welcome activists, artists, bloggers, crafters, coders, wannabe-coders, designers, entrepreneurs, documentation writers, journalists, sysadmins, teachers, ordinary people, extraordinary people, and everyone in between.
If you’re excited about our mission, our technology, please get in touch at JOBS@BODYLABS.COM!