May 25, 2016 System Administrator
At Body Labs, we are building a software platform that can understand bodies, how they move, and how people’s body shape vary across the population, and across their life.
Up until now, understanding of body shapes has been done in an ad-hoc manner, such as that of a tailor who understands how to measure so that the clothes will fit. With the arrival of widely available 3d cameras and depth sensors, that understanding can become quantitative, statistical, and automated.
To this end, Body Labs has constructed the world’s most sophisticated, data-driven, digital model of human shape and pose. Our algorithms are the result of 8 years of scientific research drawing from the fields of computer vision, machine learning and robotics. We can model accurately how individuals fit within particular sub-populations, including those poorly served by existing methods, such as plus-sized, petites, uncommon foot shapes, etc.
We work closely with apparel and equipment companies to help them better understand and visualize their target consumers’ body shapes and motions, and improve their design-to-manufacturing workflows.
We are looking for a highly-skilled SysAdmin to join our fantastic and fast growing team.
- Design, setup, maintain, troubleshoot office network infrastructure; management of cloud based services; baseline configuration of developer machines.
- Configuration and maintenance of cloud compute resources; work closely with devops
- Monitor network security and performance, configure firewalls, set up and use intrusion detection, server security updates and patches, etc.
- Maintain specialized hardware control computers (whole body laser scanner, etc).
- Design, setup, & maintain telepresence systems for multiple remote employees.
- Pick up new technologies and learn on the go
- OS X and Unix administration
- TCP/IP network configuration & security
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with networking concepts and network implementations, including routing, VLANs, Firewalls, traffic inspection
- AWS Deployment
- System administration on AWS, including IAM service for managing accounts would be a big plus
- bash scripting
- Some experience making windows go a plus
- Curiosity and intellectual flexibility
- Team oriented with an appetite for adventure
- Current authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Easily accessible office in Union Square, NYC
- Flexible vacation and work-from-home policies
- Fantastically energetic and fun team
- In-office 3D scanners, for all your 3D scanning needs!
More than anything, we are looking for someone who will be passionate about what we are doing, and who is genuinely excited to come into the office and works hard to tackle tough problems.
Working at Body Labs is fast-paced, fun, and supportive. We love the adventure of innovation. Come join our team and help shape the future of body-centric design and applications.
We welcome people of any gender identity or expression, race, skin color, ethnicity, age, size, nationality, sexual orientation, ability level, neurotype, religion, elder status, family structure, culture, subculture, political opinion, education level, identity, and self-identification. We welcome activists, artists, bloggers, crafters, coders, wannabe-coders, designers, entrepreneurs, documentation writers, journalists, sysadmins, teachers, ordinary people, extraordinary people, and everyone in between.
If you’re excited about our mission and our technology, please get in touch at JOBS@BODYLABS.COM!